Who doesn’t love a hot cup of tea in the morning? Or on cold, winter nights? Or when the throat starts to hurt, and the nose turns sniffly! Why do we often reach for this, only the second most popular beverage of all time? Because we know it’s a superhero beverage. It’s not only warming and relaxing – but its packed with health benefits, antioxidants and immune boosting properties.
Not for anything we see certain teas called Immunity Teas that tea aficionados swear by.
Rick in antioxidants and filled with antibacterial, antiviral, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties – these teas provide a knockout punch to most uninvited intruders who would like to lay our bodies low.
There have been a swathe of research and studies undertaken to prove how many health benefits are accrued by simply drinking tea. For simply ages we have known about the powerful immune boosting properties contained in Green Tea and Chamomile, but today, we go a step further look at the cream of the crop when it comes to immune-boosting teas. After-all, there is always something for everyone’s personal taste and preference.
- Green tea and the immune system are best buds. It has a high number of catechins (a natural phenol and antioxidant) which simply makes it the best tea for the immune system. Catechins have been shown to demonstrate a variety of antimicrobial properties. Drinking green tea is shown to help prevent infection and, in some cases, fight off infections.
- White tea is another popular variety of immunity tea. In fact, this delicate tea is one of the finest teas to drink for its health benefits. Being less processed than green or black tea, it has the maximum quantity of antioxidants and is one of the best teas to fight free radicals.
- Haldi tea (turmeric) is an herbal tea rich in curcumin. We all know about the Turmeric vitamins that are all the rage now. Well, if you drink turmeric tea or haldi tea – it helps the immune system combat inflammation, protects and detoxifies the body
- Ginger tea is rich in anti-inflammatory properties. It is another one those teas that is a real guard-rail against illnesses and can help keep a cold or flu at bay.
- Tulsi is a popular medicinal herb in India and is rich in antibacterial, antiviral, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties that strengthen the immune system. It's also a adaptogen herb.
- Peppermint tea is gaining in popularity as an immunity boosting tea It's potent in countering several diseases and allergies caused by infection. We all have reached for a hot cup of tea to soothe an irritable throat, but this tea really does take it further. Since it contains menthol, it helps to open up airways, relieves congestion and helps to ease severe colds. It is rich in antioxidants which helps increase circulation, it also has antibacterial properties that help to ward off bacteria that are harmful to the immune system and contains essential vitamins and nutrients that help your immune system.
- Lemongrass tea is also known for its antimicrobial properties and can prevent the formation of free radicals in the body.
- Hibiscus tea is often also known as an immunity-boosting tea. It’s another tea that fights free radicals and its antimicrobial properties protect the body from various disease-causing bacteria.
- Chamomile tea has always been popular as an immunity tea. Most of us have had this tea to reduce our stress and get a goodnight’s sleep. Besides relaxation, this tea is rich in anti-bacterial properties that helps strengthen the immune system.
- Black tea is gaining immense popularity as an immunity tea and is very high in antioxidants. It has been a popular immune booster to fight the flu for a long time. Owing to catechins and antiviral properties it contains, this is one tea that can help protect you from getting sick, soothe inflammation and boost heart health.
Much has been spoken about tea as a medicinal drink, and there are other teas varieties that provide health and wellness benefits across the spectrum. Whatever reason you choose to drink this fabulous drink, it cannot be a substitute for good medical advice from a qualified professional health care practitioner for any illness.
Tea lovers know this wonderful brew is great for hydration, for enjoyment, for its taste, for the many tea choices we have and the wellness benefits it provides – in so far as challenger beverages are concerned, there is no reason to think this superhero drink will ever fade in popularity!
**Always consult a qualified medical professional before consuming any herbal blends if you are pregnant or suffering from ongoing illnesses or serious medical conditions. These statements or products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.